Thursday, June 28, 2012

Encaustic 12x12 "Nouveau II" Figurative Classic Woman


"Nouveau II" is one of my latest 12"x12" encaustic paintings (18"x18" framed). When I look at my figurative encaustics I often see things I want to change, but I know that every time I go over the beeswax with the propane torch, changes could also occur which I don't want.  With that risk in mind, if the flaws aren't fatal then I remain satisfied and I look ahead to my next painting.   -Janet Amundson Splidsboel  SOLD

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I really have to ponder if I want to make changes, cause I have had the whole painting turn into a mess and had to start from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. Been there so many times--trying to fix something only to have the whole thing go south--that I'm starting to give my self a time limit. Your painting above is lovely!That's another lesson--we're often harder on ourselves than our viewers are.

    ReplyDelete